Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Miscellaneous

Here goes the long list of the last few weeks...

1. Had a guy honk at me in traffic only to wave at me. He then proceeded to lick his lips in a 'seductive' and 'suggestive' way. All this while driving 75mph on Loop285. I feel sorry for his girlfriend or wife, but made it worse was that this guy was older than my dad!

2. Client from hell. Interior designer that at the point I was trying to verify lot lines with her commented 'You are suppose to know these things, this is no creating a lot of confidence in your abilities' Sorry I don't have a GIS/GPS mapping system imbeded in my body to know these things...She then leaned over me as I designed and questioned every symbol I drew as to it's variety/size/shape. Again she says 'You have to ask me before you label it because I do have an opinion. (Having admitted that she knew nothing of plants I find this irritating) Well, I had a bunny that opinion of her after leaving her house.

3. We must have spoken to loudly that we were finally able to put money in the savings. The house came up with an evil scheme to destroy the upstairs ac AND furnace at the same time. Damn money pit

4. Finished the dining room in two day! Thanks to time off during the ac/furnace renovation. Walls are plastered, painted and sporting new wall plates/sockets.

5. CLARB (Council of Landscape Architecture Review Board) decided to only offer the tests this December on a regional basis. So, if I want to take the one section I need to I have to drive to South Carolina. I don't think so, I'll wait until next April and June.

6. Saw a lady let her grandson pee into some bushed in the Walmart parking lot! What was wrong with the bathroom inside the building 40 yds away?

3 Comments:

Blogger EBethToThePowerOf? said...

ah, 285. Kind of makes me not-so-nostalgic for Atlanta. Isn't it funny how houses have become our complete time-wasting, money-sucking children? Things like winterizing, or hanging new windowshades really get me going these days:) Congrats on the lovely new dining room--when do we get pics?

1:39 PM  
Blogger spooled thoughts said...

I'll have to email them to you...my computer savvy husband has not taught how to put them in my blog.

I think it was Greg that told Rich last week that he was actually "excited" for us about getting a new ac/furnace and ductwork...signs we are getting old.

8:01 PM  
Blogger spooled thoughts said...

I'll have to email them to you...my computer savvy husband has not taught how to put them in my blog.

I think it was Greg that told Rich last week that he was actually "excited" for us about getting a new ac/furnace and ductwork...signs we are getting old.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home